I live in Voronezh. It's a large city to the south from Moscow. More than 1 million people live here.Voronezh is a cultural and educational centre. It has several museums and art galleries, 5 universities and more than 100 schools.I work in one of the largest language school "Interlingua" which is also the oldest one in our city. There are more than 2500 students enrolled yearly.The main advantage of our school which attracts students is Emotional English method. Feelings and emotions experienced by students are important for learning process, student motivation and effective teaching. So we consider previous experiences, the social context and personal goals of our students to make the teaching process as much pleasant and engaging as possible.
Your town couldn't contrast more with mine, which is very small and has the smallest part-time museum imaginable, 3 schools, no univerity, but does have some (expensive) art galleries.
ReplyDeleteMy school is also the polar opposite as we have only 3 classroom!
That's a really interesting approach to teaching - I'm sure it increases motivation, which must be a good thing.
The back side of the medal of being a large city is problems with traffic.
Delete